In 1945, Frank Balfour suggested that the association incorporate and the idea was approved. The association was incorporated on April 5, 1946. During the following years, the association expanded throughout the country as Balfour had planned back in 1935. Many chapters across the country were established, including in Alaska and Hawaii. This led to annual combined meetings at various locations across the country. Chapter 2 hosted its first annual meeting on May 28-29, 1958 at the Palace Hotel in San Francisco.